Cayman Captive Forum is renowned for delivering relevant and quality content each year. If you are preparing a presentation, be sure to keep the following in mind:
- Well-defined focus and timeliness of the topic.
- Relevance to the captive and/or risk retention industries and their associated businesses.
- Introduction of emerging subjects or topics which appeal to varying experience levels.
- An intriguing and concise title that conveys the importance and relevance of the subject.
- Identify learning points and takeaways for conference attendees.
- An interactive format with session attendees is encouraged. We have a polling capability on our app.
- All breakout sessions will be approx 45 minutes in length including introductions and Q&A unless otherwise advised. Attendees want speakers to address the intermediate/advanced content in good time.
Speakers must not promote products or services of a company. A company logo may be inserted only on the Introduction page of the presentation. Speakers must not violate any copyright interest or proprietary rights of others. Please use Format / Compress Pictures / Options 200 dpi to ensure pictures and graphics are web and mobile app friendly.
If you need help deciding on a topic to present, don’t worry. We have come up with a list of ideas for content, thanks to feedback from last year’s attendees.
- Intermediate advanced group captives
- Adding new lines into a captive or captive expansion
- Alternative captives uses
- Blockchain, Insurtech
- Cat bonds, Reinsurance structures and ILS
- Crisis management, terrorism, violence, mass shootings, concealed carry & security
- Cyber insurance/issues ERM
- Captive board – duties and responsibilities, best practices, strategic planning, impacts of M&A
- Employee injury, benefits and practices
- Employed physician problems, burnout and impact of safety and quality
- Life and non-life coverages in a captive
- Medical stop loss
- Medical malpractice claims
Attendees also noted they would like to see less selling of products, more advanced topics, and more non-healthcare topics in any relevant industry.
Download submission guide